Saturday, May 19, 2012

Nikon D4 16.2 MP CMOS FX Review, Specs, Price, Buy, Pros Cons


Nikon D4 16.2 MP CMOS FX Digital SLR with Full 1080p HD Video. Looking for Nikon D4 16.2 MP CMOS FX, Is Nikon D4 16.2 MP CMOS FX worth to buy? Before you decide to buy Nikon D4 16.2 MP CMOS FX, read first my reviews below. I hope my reviews could give you enough information.

Nikon D4 16.2 MP CMOS FX Details:
- 10/11 frames per second continuous shooting in FX-format for up to 150 frames
- Nikon FX- format (35.9 x 24.0mm) CMOS Sensor with 16.2 effective megapixels
- View simultaneous Live View output on external monitors and record uncompressed video via HDMI terminal

> See more specs


The D4 is an upgrade from my D3. I skipped the D3s, which I understand is a strong performer as well. The D4 excels in a couple of very critical areas for me. The first is low level shooting. With the D4 I will no longer have to light grungy, dank, dark college gyms for basketball and swimming. The camera shoots very usable JPEGs at 10,000 ISO. This is remarkable. Very little noise, and if you are not shooting to make huge prints, the noise is hardly noticeable. I am sure the NEF files at that size are workable as well. I tend to stay away from the highest ISO ratings, only because I haven't needed them. I cannot wait for fall night football games as the combination of high ISO and a 2.8 lens will be perfect. The auto focus on this camera is amazing. The D3 was good. The D4 is great. The combination of this with a 200-400 AFS Zoom is just heaven. I've gotten more, better and great shots since I got this camera than in the whole season before it. My clients have noticed it and commented. Very impressive. The white balance is much better than the older models. It gives you a true color and needs little tweaking. But if you need to tweak it can do that too.

A lot of people will complain about the XQD card. I wont. It is fast. When you stick that card in, with the camera set at JPEG Fine, you have about 71 images in your "burst." Why you would ever use 71 images at once is beyond me, but they are there. For example, I shot a lacrosse championship game the other day. It went into two overtimes. I was able to shoot the action going into the final shot--and then shoot a stream of jubilation shots without missing a beat. That would have consumed all of the memory of the D3. Yes, the cards are expensive, but if you shoot raw, you are going to need the space. The battery is new, having to meet new Japanese standards. But, I've gotten nearly 4,000 shots out of it before seeing the low battery light come on.

I am not used to the Video yet, so I cannot comment on it too much. I need to work out the bugs and give that a shot before the fall sports season starts. As my clients evolve in their media savvy, I am sure that an ability to shoot short video clips of their games will come in very handy. I need every competitive edge I can get these days. All in all, this camera is everything a pro would want: High quality, innovative, fast, big, weather sealed, and backwards compatible with my equipment. The D3s will give it a run for low level light shooting, but if you are moving up from a D2 or D3, the bells and whistles make this worth every dime.

>>>CLICK HERE TO FIND THE BEST DEAL<<<

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...